Sunday, March 1, 2009

Finding Old Favorites

Cleaning out my recipes, I found many old favorites that I hadn't made in a long time. I decided that one of these just couldn't wait any longer. My granny used to make different "goodies" each Christmas, and her Almond Bark Candy is one of my favorites!!

You will need:
1 1/2 lb of Almond Bark
3/4 c. creamy peanut butter
1 1/2 c. dry roasted peanuts
1 1/2 c. mini marshmallows
3 c. rice krispys

Melt the almond bark and peanut butter in a large sauce pan on the stove. Mix and let cook slightly.

Mix the other ingredients together and once almond bark and peanut butter has cooled slightly, stir in until well combined. Make sure that it is cool enough not to melt the marshmallows, but not so cool you can't mix it together.


Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls on wax paper and let cool completely. ENJOY!!

I am so thankful that I had this experience to get myself organized! I have had the desire to do it for quite a while, but I just needed the motivation! What is next?? Can you believe I started my Christmas presents today?

1 comment:

Laura Lee said...

Oooooo, I love all things almond!! I will def try these!!

Thanks for coming out of the shadows to say hi. I really appreciate knowing the peeps that read. Seriously, seeing a link to my blog brought tears!! I'm uber-pleased to be a blessing.