Friday, February 20, 2009

Starting to get organized

I realized the other day that I hadn't taken pictures of what I was doing to get my recipes organized, so I did that tonight..
Here is my cabinet of Pillsbury cookbooks - one of my favoritesHere is my pathetic attempt of keeping a recipe boxAs you can see I have printed recipes stuck everywhere

Recipes are a true passion of mine, so I joined an organizational group to get mine organized. I have them stuck everywhere, as you can see. I am working on this with a group on the Organizing Junkies blog. Feel free to jump in, and if you want some great tips and techniques, this is the blog to go to! Have fun and I will keep you posted on my progress!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Organizing my recipes is on my never ending to-do list. I'm seriously nesting with this pregnancy and my house is going to be more organized than ever if I can keep it up.

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

I used to keep my recipes & magazines in a cabinet in the kitchen, but I finally had to give up the space for other things. Now I keep all my books on a shelf in my office. (luckily it's right beside the kitchen!)

I also had a recipe box like yours, and I got 4X6 photo pages so that I could place them in my recipe binder. If you're frustrated with your box, this may be a good solution for you too.

Heidi Boos said...

I think many can relate to the random recipes and clippings hanging out all over the place. Good luck with getting everything in working and organized order!